Conditional Dismissal in New Jersey | Criminal Defense Lawyer Robbinsville, NJ
What Is a Conditional Dismissal?
A Conditional Dismissal is similar to diversionary programs like Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) or a Conditional Discharge. It is a program for first-time offenders in which they can plead guilty to a disorderly persons offense or petty disorderly persons offense charge, serve a period of probation, and have the charges dismissed at the conclusion of the probation, assuming all terms and conditions of the probation have been successfully completed.
Who Is Eligible for a Conditional Dismissal in Hamilton, New Jersey?
You are eligible for a Conditional Dismissal if:
- You are charged with a non-drug disorderly persons or petty disorderly persons offense;
- You have never been convicted of any petty disorderly, disorderly persons offense or crime under any law in the United States;
- You have never been granted a Conditional Dismissal, Conditional Discharge or PTI in the past; and
- The charge against you does not involve:
- Organized criminal or gang activity;
- A continuing criminal business or enterprise;
- A breach of the public trust by a public officer or employee;
- Domestic violence;
- An offense against an elderly, disabled, or minor person;
- An offense involving driving or operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, intoxicating liquor, narcotic, hallucinogenic or habit-producing drug;
- A violation of the animal cruelty laws;
- Any disorderly persons or petty disorderly persons drug offense.
Free Consultation with an Experienced Trenton Criminal Defense Attorney About Conditional Dismissal
Want to find out if you are eligible for conditional dismissal? You need to talk to an experienced Robbinsville criminal defense lawyer. Contact Aydelotte & Scardella Law LLC today. We represent clients in Hamilton, Trenton, Ewing, and East Windsor, NJ. Call 609-372-5285 or email us. Our office is located at 2653 Nottingham Way STE 1, Hamilton Township, NJ 08619.