West Windsor DUI Attorneys
DUI Defense Lawyer in West Windsor, NJ Has the Necessary Skills to Defend Your DUI Case in Mercer County and Throughout New Jersey
If you’re facing a DUI charge in West Windsor, New Jersey, you need a skilled attorney who can defend your legal rights. At Aydelotte & Scardella Law, we are dedicated DUI defense lawyers in West Windsor, NJ, serving our clients with the best possible legal representation.
Many people who are pulled over for a DUI or DWI do not realize that they are facing serious consequences, including the possibility of a suspended license, and even jail time. A DUI conviction can also have long-lasting effects on your criminal record and employment opportunities. That’s why it’s essential to have a DUI defense lawyer who can help fight your charges.
At Aydelotte & Scardella Law, our experienced DUI attorneys have comprehensive knowledge of the legal system in New Jersey. We are equipped with the necessary skills and experience to negotiate with prosecutors, challenge evidence, and build a strong defense on your behalf.
Marijuana DUI and Multiple DUI
In recent years, Marijuana DUI has become a growing issue across the country. In New Jersey, it is illegal to operate a vehicle under the influence of any controlled substance, including marijuana. If you are charged with a Marijuana DUI, you need the assistance of a DUI lawyer who understands the nuances of defending a Marijuana DUI case.
If you have multiple DUI convictions on your record, your charges can be compounded. The penalties for multiple DUI convictions can be severe, leading to longer jail sentences, significant fines, and the loss of your driver’s license. Our West Windsor DUI attorneys have experience defending clients who have multiple DUI convictions.
DUI Penalties for First-Time Offenders in New Jersey
In New Jersey, the penalties for a DUI/DWI conviction are determined by the individual’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) at the time of arrest and whether there is a prior DUI/DWI conviction on record.
For first-time offenders with a BAC between 0.08% and 0.10%, the penalties are as follows:
- Monetary Fine: You may face a fine ranging from $250 to $400.
- Possible Imprisonment: There is a potential jail sentence of up to 30 days.
- License Forfeiture: Your driver’s license will be forfeited until an ignition interlock device is installed, and you will be required to use the device for three months.
- Mandatory Participation: You must attend an Intoxicated Driver Resource Center for at least six hours a day over two consecutive days.
- Insurance Surcharge: Additionally, there is a mandatory automobile insurance surcharge of $1,000 per year for three years.
For first-time offenders with a BAC of 0.10% to 0.15%, the penalties increase as follows:
- Monetary Fine: The fine range is raised to $300 to $500.
- Possible Imprisonment: The potential jail sentence remains up to 30 days.
- License Forfeiture: Your driver’s license will be forfeited until an ignition interlock device is installed, and you must use the device for a longer period, ranging from 7 months to one year.
- Mandatory Participation: Similar to the previous category, you must attend an Intoxicated Driver Resource Center for at least six hours a day over two consecutive days.
- Insurance Surcharge: The automobile insurance surcharge remains at $1,000 per year for three years.
For first-time offenders with a BAC of 0.15% or higher, the penalties are even more stringent:
Ignition Interlock Device: You must install an ignition interlock device in your primary vehicle during the license suspension period, which typically lasts from 4 to 6 months. Following the restoration of your driver’s license, you will be required to use the ignition interlock device for an extended period, ranging from 9 to 15 months.
As for subsequent DUI offenses, the penalties in New Jersey escalate with each repeat offense. It is essential to note that these penalties are subject to change based on the specific circumstances of each case and any potential mitigating or aggravating factors.
Facing DUI/DWI charges can have a significant impact on your life, and it is vital to seek experienced legal representation to defend your rights and seek the best possible outcome in your case. A qualified attorney can navigate the complexities of the legal system on your behalf and strive to minimize the consequences you may face.
How an Experienced West Windsor DUI Lawyer from Aydelotte & Scardella Law Can Help You
Our attorneys can help defend you in the following ways:
1. Understanding the charges – We can analyze the charges against you and offer knowledgeable advice on how to proceed.
2. Negation with prosecutors – Our experienced attorneys can advocate on your behalf in court and have your charges reduced or dismissed entirely.
3. Challenging evidence – We can help challenge any evidence that the prosecution plans to use against you, including specific sobriety tests and blood or urine samples.
Contact Aydelotte & Scardella Law for Your DUI Charges
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing legal representation for a DUI or DWI case, you can trust that our team of skilled attorneys is ready and eager to assist you. We understand the gravity of such charges and the potential impact they can have on your life, and that’s why we are here to offer our expertise and support during this challenging time.
Our dedicated DUI and DWI attorneys possess a wealth of experience in handling cases similar to yours, and we are committed to providing you with the best possible legal assistance. We recognize that each case is unique, and we take the time to thoroughly listen to your side of the story, understanding the specific circumstances surrounding your arrest and the events leading up to it.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to schedule your free consultation. Let us take the weight off your shoulders and guide you toward a brighter legal future. Remember, you don’t have to face this challenging situation alone; we are here to help you every step of the way.
West Windsor, NJ
West Windsor Township is a beautiful town located in the heart of Mercer County, New Jersey. With a population of just over 27,000 people, it offers a peaceful and friendly atmosphere that attracts both residents and visitors from all over the state. West Windsor is home to some of the best schools in the region, making it an ideal location for families with children.
The town offers great outdoor activities like hiking, biking, fishing, and boating. If you’re a bit of a history buff, you can visit some of the many historical sites scattered throughout the area. West Windsor is an excellent place to call home, whether you are starting a family, moving up in your career, or retired.
Frequently Asked Questions About DUI Charges in West Windsor, NJ
Yes, you can refuse a Breathalyzer test in New Jersey. However, there are legal consequences for doing so, including license suspension and other penalties.
In New Jersey, a DUI conviction will stay on your record permanently. However, some offenses may be expunged after a certain period or with the help of an experienced attorney who can guide you through the process.